Remove your encrypted traffic blindfold.
The use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS) communications in today’s enterprises is prolific, and apps that take advantage of it – such as SharePoint, Exchange, Salesforce.com and Google Apps – are commonplace and rapidly growing. Although the increasing pervasiveness of cloud and mobile-based services offers significant benefits, the encrypted traffic that protects data from being viewed within these modern applications also creates a blind spot that can be exploited by advanced threats and malware, as indicated by numerous highly-publicized data breaches in well-known organizations.
To identify hidden threats to your organization, it’s clear you need complete visibility into the encrypted traffic coming into and out of your business. However, to comply with local privacy regulations that protect certain classes of data — such as financial or healthcare-related, as well as with corporate policies on the acceptable use of applications – organizations must be able to selectively decrypt network traffic. An encrypted traffic management strategy that considers the various business needs, the corporate policies established, and the compliance mandates for your industry is essential.
Fortify Your Network: 5 Sample Use Cases
Blue Coat can help you in your quest for an appropriate encrypted traffic management strategy and supporting architecture. We provide comprehensive, policy-based visibility and management of SSL/TLS encrypted traffic through the following innovative solutions:
- SSL Visibility Appliance: The centerpiece of Encrypted Traffic Management, this gives you ‘x-ray’ vision into all your SSL traffic and lets you easily add SSL decryption and inspection capabilities to your advanced threat protection solutions as well as your existing network security architecture.
- SSL Intercept and SSL Intercept and Encrypted Tap for the ProxySG Appliance: Further enhancing the market-leading ProxySG secure web gateway, these features provide selective SSL decryption, inspection and orchestration of HTTPS/ web traffic based on established policies. SSL decrypted traffic can then be shared with Blue Coat and third-party anti-virus or Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions via the Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) standard. The Encrypted TAP option also allows for the hand-off of SSL decrypted traffic to third-party monitoring and logging systems for analysis, archiving and network forensics.
Collectively, these powerful solutions provide the following benefits:
- Eliminate the SSL / TLS blind spot in your network infrastructure.
- Assure high-security encryption while reducing risk.
- Cost-effectively scale and enhance your existing security infrastructure.
- Preserve data privacy and compliance while enabling comprehensive security.
Additionally, Blue Coat provides a broad ecosystem of partner solutions addressing encrypted traffic, including IPS, DLP, NGFW, anti-malware / sandbox, security analytics and certificate and key management systems. These compatible solutions are the foundation of Blue Coat’s Encrypted Traffic Management (ETM) Ready Partner Program. Collectively, the integration of Blue Coat’s innovative products and these powerful third-party security technologies provides a comprehensive encrypted traffic management solution for enterprises large and small.
Remove the security visibility blind spot created by encrypted traffic.
The majority of cyber threats today are hiding in encrypted network traffic. Organizations risk financial loss and damaged reputations if they do not address them. Blue Coat’s SSL Visibility Appliance, a key product within its Encrypted Traffic Management solution set, provides the most cost-effective means to eliminate the encrypted traffic blind spot while preserving privacy, policy, compliance and the investment in the security infrastructure.