Founded in 2003, VSS Monitoring pioneered network packet broker technology to help organizations get the most from their network management and security tools. Since then, other companies have introduced NPBs, but VSS has the only solutions that enable network-wide and link-layer visibility, access, and offload for all types of network monitoring and security tools from just about any vendor.
Based in Silicon Valley, VSS has grown into a worldwide market leader, with the largest and most knowledgeable team of customer support engineers and solution partners across the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
VSS products are designed and manufactured in California.
VSS solutions enable you to maximize the efficiency of your network analysis and security tools, so you can increase tool performance and reduce response time and risk. With full visibility, the management and security infrastructure can keep pace with network growth and adapt to new network architectures, including shifts toward virtualization and software-defined networking (SDN). And you can leverage your most critical asset — the network — to gather the business intelligence your organization needs to excel in today’s competitive market.
Like networks themselves, the tools available to enterprises to monitor, secure, and analyze the network have become increasingly sophisticated. However, they tend to work in silos, providing an in-depth but narrow view of a particular slice of the network. VSS uses a holistic approach to network visibility and monitoring, enabling you to view the entire network in a unified fashion using the tools you have today.
VSS Monitoring Distributed TAPs are entry-level network packet brokers. Distributed TAPs provide targeted traffic access and tool redundancy and back-up, increasing network visibility and improving the performance and resilience of passive monitoring and security infrastructure.
For more advanced functionality or for inline security applications, Distributed TAPs fully integrate into a VSS vMesh™ architecture that includes vBrokers and vProtectors. Distributed Tap management options include a web-based GUI, CLI, XML API, as well as our server-based VSS Management Controller (vMC).
VSS Monitoring TAPs provide persistent, 100% failsafe access for passive network monitoring, security, and forensics tools. When combined with VSS network packet brokers, TAPs become a non-intrusive bridge between the physical network and a visibility fabric.
This TAP bridge enables scalable network visibility and performance, as well as management infrastructure upgrades, without network downtime and lost revenue.
vProtector™ is available as a dedicated appliance, or as hardware modules with Active Protection for the VSS vBroker chassis.
The vProtector™ and vBroker Series can be globally scaled to up to 256 NPBs and up to 4000 network ports with the VSS-patented vMesh™ architecture.
The vProtector™ accesses, optimizes, and delivers traffic from one or more full-duplex networks to multiple active and passive network security and monitoring tools. Policy-based triggers, health checks, and fail-open / fail-closed configurability combine with filtering and load balancing to provide redundancy and high availability for inline and out-of-band tools.
For one or more inline tools, the vProtector™ offers failsafe access to active network traffic – with zero impact to the network and without the need for a change window to test or reconfigure tools. Changing the order the inline tools receive traffic can be done in software, with no need to re-cable or manually intervene. Policies can be implemented to ensure full redundancy of the security tools in the event of failure – even at the tool application layer, using custom, vendor-specific Layer 7 health checks.
vBrokers and Active Protection
Combined with the VSS-patented vMesh™ architecture, you get a flexible and scalable Unified Visibility Plane™ that gets your network monitoring and security infrastructure the data it needs to operate at its best.
- VSS Monitoring – HD (High Density) Fiber TAP
- VSS Monitoring – v1x1 10/100 Copper Network TAP
- VSS Monitoring – v1x1 10/100/1000 Copper Network TAP
- VSS Monitoring – v1x1 10/100/1000 Converter Networks TAPs
- VSS Monitoring – v1x1 All-Optical Network TAPs
- VSS Monitoring – v24x24 Copper Network TAP
- VSS Monitoring – v1x2 10/100/1000 Aggregation TAP
- VSS Monitoring – v1x2 Filter TAPs
- VSS Monitoring – v4x1 SPAN Port Aggregator
- VSS Monitoring – v6x4/v12x4/v24x4 Port Aggregators
- VSS Monitoring – 9 Ways to Optimtize Network Security
- VSS Monitoring – Comprehensive Security with Tool Chaining
- VSS Monitoring – Leveraging a BD Model
- VSS Monitoring – Limitless Tool Access
- VSS Monitoring – Monitoring Cable Video
- VSS Monitoring – Optimized Network Monitoring for Real-World Threats
- VSS Monitoring – Blind as a Bat
- VSS Monitoring – Network Intelligence Optimization
- VSS Monitoring – ASP Citrix
- VSS Monitoring -4GTDD LTE Network with VSS Monitoring
- VSS Monitoring -Financial Service Provider
- VSS Monitoring -School Upgrades Security
- VSS Monitoring -Telecom
- VSS Monitoring -US Wimax Provider
- VSS Monitoring – CS LTE
- VSS Monitoring -CS Service Assurance
- VSS Monitoring -Energy Co
- VSS Monitoring -FireEye Joint
- VSS Monitoring -Global Telco
- VSS Monitoring – PCAP Capture and Indexing
- VSS Monitoring – SourceFire Protect your Network
- VSS Monitoring – The VSS and M86 Solution
- VSS Monitoring -VSS and Netwitness Asymetric Routing
- VSS Monitoring -VSS Corp with Sourcefire
- VSS Monitoring – IBM SDN
- VSS Monitoring -Monitoring McAfee
- VSS Monitoring -Riverbed